Doctoral Research Programme
The Multi-level government initiative hosts a Doctoral Programme on Local Government and Decentralisation in Africa, supervised by staff members of the Multi-level government initiative. Doctoral studies have been completed on local government in South Africa and federalism in Ethiopia.
Phd studies are underway on
- local government in Uganda;
- local government in Ethiopia;
- local government in Kenya;
- local government and peace-building in South Africa; and
- professionalisation of municipal management in South Africa.