Roundtable on professionalisation of local government
On 24 November 2011, the Community Law Centre, with the financial assistance from the Good Governance Learning Network, hosted a robust roundtable on professionalisation of local government in South Africa.
- Professionalisation of local government in South Africa: Roundtable Report
- This report was written by Phindile Ntliziywana, Researcher of the Multi-level government initiative
- Challenges confronting the “standard setting” model
- Prof. Nico Steytler (Director of the Community Law Centre) compiled and presented this presentation.
- Contextualising the Debate: Historical Overview & Treasury Regulations and Systmes Act
- This presentation was compiled by Mr. Phindile Ntliziywana (researcher and doctoral candidate) and Prof. Jaap de Visser (Co-ordinator of the Multi-level government initiative).